IPL celebrates Thanksgiving, Circle of Lights, and more
with November window light displays
November 1, 2017
Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE:
AES), is recognizing various November events and organizations through its
window light displays.
Organizations and events to be
recognized by IPL:
- National Epilepsy Awareness Month — (Purple,
- Department of Public Words — (YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL,
Nov. 2-3, 21-22)
- Daylight Saving Time — (FALL BACK, Nov. 5)
- Color the World OrangeTM – for
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) Awareness — (Orange, Nov. 6)
- Indiana Pacers Home Game — (“P”, Nov. 7)
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s Light the
World Campaign — (Teal, Nov. 8)
- Junior Achievement of Central Indiana’s Best and
Brightest Event — (JA, Nov. 9)
- U.S. Marine Corps Birthday — (American Flag /
MARINES, Nov. 10)
- Veterans Day — (American Flag, Nov. 11)
- Indianapolis Colts Home Game — (Horseshoe, Nov.
- World Kindness Day — (BE KIND, Nov. 13)
- World Diabetes Day — (Blue, Nov. 14)
- Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Week — (Purple, Nov.
- World Pancreatic Cancer Day — (Purple, Nov. 16)
- March of Dimes Prematurity Awareness Day —
(Purple, Nov. 17)
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s PurpleLight
Event — (Purple, Nov. 18)
- Thanksgiving — (GIVE THANKS, Nov. 23)
- Circle of Lights Event on Monument Circle —
(Countdown / Christmas Tree, Nov. 24)
- Holiday Celebrations — (Christmas Tree, Nov. 25,
- Holiday Celebrations / Indianapolis Colts Home
Game — (Christmas Tree / Horseshoe, Nov. 26)
- Holiday Celebrations / National Day of Giving —
(Christmas Tree / #GIVINGTUESDAY, Nov. 28)
Is your event or organization
highlighted this month? Join us on social media to share your window lights
photos. Please tag @IPLpower and use our hashtag #IPLlights.
IPL’s 10-story downtown
headquarters shines brightly every night with a light display which consists of
energy-efficient, long-lasting bulbs and is controlled via a computer.
Each window in the IPL building holds one LED luminar with a set of 12 red,
green and blue LED lights. When mixed together, the computer controller
can produce more than 16 million different hues.
About Indianapolis Power & Light Company and
Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric
service to more than 470,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers
in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities
surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its
customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. For
more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or connect with
us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We provide
affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse portfolio of
distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable generation facilities.
Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to operational excellence and
meeting the world’s changing power needs. Our 2016 revenues were $14 billion
and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To learn more, please visit http://www.aes.com. Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company