IPL files plan for 2018-2020 energy efficiency programs
IPL continues to provide cost-effective programs for its customers since 1993
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), announced today the utility has filed its 2018-2020 Energy Efficiency plan with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC).
IPL has offered cost-effective energy efficiency programs for its customers on an uninterrupted basis since 1993. Energy efficiency remains an important element of IPL’s overall resource plan and will allow for deferred capacity needs, reduced energy costs and the opportunity for customers to have more control over how they understand, manage and reduce their energy usage.
IPL is seeking approval to offer the following programs for residential and business customers:
- Appliance Recycling: Provides incentives to homeowners to recycle older, less efficient refrigerators, freezers and window AC units.
- Income Qualified Weatherization: Provides energy audits, including the installation of energy-saving measures and weatherization improvements for income-qualified customers.
- Community-Based Lighting: Partners with community organizations to provide light-emitting diode (LED) options to residents through food pantries.
- Home Energy Reports: Informs customers about their households’ energy use, including a comparison to similar homes in the area.
- School Education: Informs and educates elementary-aged students by providing them a take-home energy efficiency kit.
- Multi Family Direct Install: Offers the direct installation of a variety of energy efficiency measures in multi-family housing units.
- Lighting & Appliances: Offers point of purchase rebates for certain high efficiency lighting products such as LED bulbs and smart thermostats.
- Demand Response: Pays incentives to customers who allow IPL to manage their air conditioner during peak electricity usage periods in the summer months.
- Whole Home: Provides rebates for energy efficient equipment and walk-through energy assessments, including the installation of energy saving measures and recommendations for improving a home’s energy efficiency.
- Online Energy Assessment: Customers can use this online energy assessment tool that includes delivery of an energy efficiency kit.
- Business Prescriptive/Custom Rebates: Provides rebates to business customers who install energy efficient equipment.
- Small Business Direct Install: Provides small business customers with low cost, energy efficiency measures and audit recommendations to improve the efficiency of their business.
If the current plan is approved, these programs will begin on January 1, 2018.
Complete details on IPL’s current energy efficiency programs for residential and business customers, called IPL PowerToolsTM, can be found at IPLpower.com/powertools. Current IPL energy efficiency programs will continue through December 31, 2017.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company and
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides
retail electric service to more than 470,000 residential, commercial and
industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central
Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has
supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the
country. For more information about the company, please visit www.IPLpower.com or
connect with us at www.twitter.com/IPLpower, www.facebook.com/IPLpower or www.linkedin.com/company/IPLpower.
The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) is a Fortune 200 global power company. We
provide affordable, sustainable energy to 17 countries through our diverse
portfolio of distribution businesses as well as thermal and renewable
generation facilities. Our workforce of 19,000 people is committed to
operational excellence and meeting the world's changing power needs. Our 2016
revenues were $14 billion and we own and manage $36 billion in total assets. To
learn more, please visit www.aes.com.
Follow AES on Twitter @TheAESCorp.