The Trees for Tomorrow program, a partnership of IPL, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc., Downtown Indy and DPW/Indy Parks, has planted more than 15,000 trees in the Indianapolis area since 1990.
- IPL provides the funding for the trees, as well as program promotion.
- DPW/Indy Parks maintains the trees to ensure viability and survivability.
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. orders trees and manages the community tree plantings by providing the staff and coordinating the efforts of volunteers to plant the trees.
- Downtown Indy works to maintain a healthy Downtown urban forest and increase the tree canopy in Center Township.
1. Significantly increase plantings of public trees in Indianapolis (and surrounding IPL service areas).
2. Provide care to those trees to enhance their longevity.
3. Educate the public about the importance of trees to our quality of life; planting the Right Tree in the Right Place.
To apply for a tree planting project in your neighborhood or volunteer for a Trees for Tomorrow program, visit the Keep Indianapolis Beautiful website at kibi.org.